G.I. Combat #68 - Joe Kubert art

G.I. Combat #68

G.I. Combat v1 #68, 1959 - Nicknamed "the Rock" for never backing down, a former boxer is even more tenacious when he becomes an infantryman. This character precedes the more famous Sgt. Rock and is regarded as an early prototype. Joe Kubert's storytelling is impressive, using several techniques to enhance the reading experience. Most noteworthy is his title page, juxtaposing the character's two different roles side by side. This story was later reprinted in Our Army at War #242. Other artists in this golden age comic include Russ Heath. This is 16 of 190 G.I. Combat issues by Kubert.
- - - - - - - - - -
"The Rock" Kubert story pencils and inks 13 pages = ****

Joe Kubert
- - - - - - - - - -
Home / Kubert / G.I. Combat / DC
ebay  >this issue >Kubert
G.I. Combat #68 - Joe Kubert art G.I. Combat #68 - Joe Kubert art Reviewed by Ted Ignacio @ Pencil Ink on 1:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.