My Own Romance #71 - Al Williamson art, Jack Kirby cover, non-attributed Matt Baker art

My Own Romance #71

My Own Romance v1 #71, 1959 - In this issue, Al Williamson proves himself adept at illustrating romance tales. Though only four pages long, the artist's flowing lines add grace and beauty to this story of a female heartbreaker (see interior page below). Matt Baker contributes to two stories uncredited in comic book guides. Unfortunately, his pencils are poorly delineated by an insensitive inker. Jack Kirby's cover isn't much better due its overcrowded layout. "Don't Ask Me to Marry You" was later reprinted in My Love v2 #10 and Our Love Story #29, "And Then I Found You" reprinted in My Love v2 #10 and #26 and "But... Do You Love Me?" in Our Love Story #14. This is 11 of 14 My Own Romance issues by Baker, 1 of 5 My Own Romance issues by Kirby and 1 of 1 My Own Romance issues by Williamson.
- - - - - - - - - -
Kirby cover pencils (Christopher Rule inks) = **
"Don't Ask Me to Marry You" Baker story pencils (Vince Colletta inks) 5 pages = *
"But... Do You Love Me?" Baker story pencils (Vince Colletta inks) 5 pages = *
"And Then I Found You" Williamson story pencils and inks 5 pages = ***
Matt Baker


Al Williamson

- - - - - - - - - -
Home / Baker / Kirby / Williamson / My Own Romance / Atlas
ebay  >this issue >Baker >Kirby >Williamson
My Own Romance #71 - Al Williamson art, Jack Kirby cover, non-attributed Matt Baker art My Own Romance #71 - Al Williamson art, Jack Kirby cover, non-attributed Matt Baker art Reviewed by Ted F on 3:30 AM Rating: 5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the cover, BTW, is by Kirby and Christopher Rule.

Nick Caputo

Ted F said...

I've since modified the post. Tnanks, Nick.

Powered by Blogger.