G.I. Combat #143 - Joe Kubert art & cover

Joe Kubert
G.I. Combat v1 #143, 1970 - No Joe Kubert stories in this issue, but he does deliver a double-page spread and this terrific cover. Foreground, mid-ground and background are firmly established, increasing depth while telling a story. As usual, Jeb Stuart and his Haunted Tank crew seem hopelessly outnumbered while protecting civilians. Part of the Battle Album series, the "General Stuart" light tank is featured (see below) along with the duties of a tank commander. Drawn succinctly and informatively, Kubert's two-pager was later reprinted in DC Special Blue Ribbon Digest #21. This bronze age issue also includes art by Russ Heath. This is 62 of 190 G.I. Combat issues by Kubert
- - - - - - - - - -
Kubert cover pencils and inks = ***
"General Stuart Light Tank M3A1" Kubert story pencils and inks 2 pages = ***

Joe Kubert
- - - - - - - - - -
Home / Kubert / G.I. Combat / DC
ebay  >this issue >Kubert
G.I. Combat #143 - Joe Kubert art & cover G.I. Combat #143 - Joe Kubert art & cover Reviewed by Ted Ignacio @ Pencil Ink on 8:01 PM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.