My Love v2 #20 - Jim Starlin art

My Love v2 #20
My Love v2 #20, 1972 - As far as I know, this is Jim Starlin's only contribution to the romance genre. It appears to be one of his earliest works and includes interesting panel sequences that would later become one of his trademarks. The drawings themselves lack polish and the foreshortening is poorly executed. Starlin's crude pencils are even more disappointing due to the insensitive inking of Jack Abel. This story was later reprinted in Our Love Story #33. The John Buscema and Gene Colan stories (reprinted from earlier romance issues) are far better. The hovering face on the cover is recycled from Starlin's opening splash. This is 1 of 1 My Love issues by Starlin.
- - - - - - - - - -
"One Day a Week" Starlin story pencils (Jack Abel inks) 7 pages = *

Jim Starlin
- - - - - - - - - -
Home / Starlin / My Love / Marvel
ebay  >this issue >Starlin
My Love v2 #20 - Jim Starlin art My Love v2 #20 - Jim Starlin art Reviewed by Ted F on 6:19 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.