My Greatest Adventure #81 - Alex Toth art

My Greatest Adventure #81
My Greatest Adventure v1 #81, 1963 - Two scientists and a reporter travel to a remote valley in Pakistan, looking for clues that lead them to the anthropological missing link. The art by Alex Toth is adequate, filling the pages with remote landscapes and prehistoric life-forms (see interior page below). The artist's best work occurs on the opening splash, depicting a large ape atop an enraged mastodon. Despite the theme, Toth creates a strong composition with a superb balance of light and dark. The lead story in this silver age comic marks the Doom Patrol's second appearance. Other artists in this issue include Ruben Moreira and Bruno Premiani. This is 5 of 6 My Greatest Adventure issues by Toth.
- - - - - - - - - -
"Listen, World...I'm the Missing Link" Toth story pencils and inks 9 pages = ***

Alex Toth
- - - - - - - - - -
Home / Toth / My Greatest Adventure / DC
ebay  >this issue >Toth
My Greatest Adventure #81 - Alex Toth art My Greatest Adventure #81 - Alex Toth art Reviewed by Ted Ignacio @ Pencil Ink on 4:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.