Saturday, September 27, 2014

My Greatest Adventure #58 - Alex Toth art


My Greatest Adventure v1 #58, 1961 - After his plane goes down in the Andes, the pilot walks out in a daze, fantasizing about another world. Despite the silliness of the story (diamond plants, floating boulders, etc.), Alex Toth illustrates the tale with all sincerity. There is no lack of detail and draftsmanship (see interior page below). Even the artist's opening splash conveys an otherworldly drama and tension. Other artists in this issue include Dick Dillin, Sheldon Moldoff, Bill Ely and Howard Purcell. This is number 1 of 6 My Greatest Adventure issues with Toth art and/or covers.
- - - - - - - - - -
"I Was Trapped in the Land of L'oz" Toth story pencils and inks 8 pages = ***

Alex Toth
- - - - - - - - - -
Home / Toth / My Greatest Adventure
>this issue >Toth >My Greatest Adventure

More Toth posts:
Joe Yank #5
Rook #3
Weird Western Tales v1 #14 jonah hex dc comic book cover art by Tony Dezuniga
Weird Western #14

No comments:

Post a Comment