Monday, May 2, 2016

My Own Romance #74 - non-attributed Matt Baker cover, non-attributed Jack Kirby art

Matt Baker
My Own Romance v1 #74, 1960 - In this tale of heartbreak, there are a few glimpses of Jack Kirby's recognizable style. The artist's opening splash, of a couple's lakeside conversation, is a little too graphic and simply composed. This story was later reprinted in My Love v2 #26. Matt Baker's hand is evident on the cover but less so on any of the interior stories. Note that comic book guides missed this attribution to both artists. Other artists in this issue include John Forte, Jay Scott Pike and Vince Colletta. This is number 2 of 4 My Own Romance issues with Kirby art and/or covers. See today's posts or more Baker, Kirby or My Own Romance issues. See also this blog's Baker checklist or Kirby checklist.
- - - - - - - - - -
Baker cover pencils (Vince Colletta inks) = **
"
He Was Perfect - But I Lost Him" Kirby story pencils (Vince Colletta inks) 5 pages = **
- - - - - - - - - -
Jack Kirby
Find on ebay: >this issue >Kirby >Baker >My Own Romance

More Baker posts:
True Love Pict. #11
Pict. Romances #11
Texan #15


More Kirby posts:
Thor v1 #157 marvel 1960s silver age comic book cover art by Jack Kirby
Thor #157
FoxHole #6
The Sandman v1 #1 dc bronze age comic book cover art by Jack Kirby
Sandman #1

No comments:

Post a Comment