Police Action v2 #1 - Mike Ploog art + 1st Luke Malone

Police Action v2 #1

Police Action v2 #1 featuring Lomax NYPD and Luke Malone, Manhunter, 1975 - Atlas/Seaboard Comics introduced a slew of short-lived titles in the 1970s, including this detective genre series. The Luke Malone back-up story has a gritty urban setting that seems perfectly suited for Mike Ploog's unique style. His opening scene of a dead panhandler evokes more sadness than shock. Frank Springer's inks have a similar feel that works more compatibly than expected. Both Luke Malone and Lomax NYPD make their first appearances in this comic. This issue also includes artwork by Al McWilliams and Mike Sekowsky. Cover by Larry Lieber. This is 1 of 3 Police Action issues by Ploog. /// key 1st appearance, 1st cover Luke Malone, Lomax NYPD, 1st issue
- - - - - - - - - -
"Requiem for a Champ" Ploog story pencils (Frank Springer inks) 10 pages = ***

Mike Ploog
Home / Ploog / Police Action / Atlas Seaboard
ebay  >this issue >Ploog
Police Action v2 #1 - Mike Ploog art + 1st Luke Malone Police Action v2 #1 - Mike Ploog art + 1st Luke Malone Reviewed by Ted F on 3:04 PM Rating: 5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard about Police Action v2 #1 a lot. I am not a huge fan of comics, but I know people who do. They have this comic, and they say it is really good. I would recommend them to visit Ploog and Police sites. I am sure they are familiar with them, but I will tell them anyway. From the picture it seems good comic. I wonder how comic can be tragic. It is like watching cartoon and says that it is sad. Well, I don’t have the right to judge it since I don’t read comics, but, I am sure that this is good. Thank you and goodbye.

Danman said...

Heavy Eisner influence; looks like it could be a page from The Spirit. Ploog's style evolved as he got more horror assignments.

Powered by Blogger.