Thursday, June 19, 2014

G.I. Joe, A Real American Hero #51 - non-attributed John Byrne cover

John Byrne
G.I. Joe, A Real American Hero v1 #51, 1986 - Despite all the action, this cover seems more static than originally intended. The background is is an orange-pink void, allowing too much space for masthead placement. What results is an unnecessarily large negative space that waters down the whole composition. Not one of John Byrne's best covers on this title or for Marvel in general. This is number 3 of 3 G.I. Joe issues with Byrne art and/or covers. See today's posts or more Byrne or G.I. Joe issues. See also this blog's Byrne checklist.
- - - - - - - - - -
Byrne cover pencils and inks = **
- - - - - - - - - -
Find on ebay: >this issue >Byrne >G.I. Joe

More Byrne posts:
Doomsday +1 #2
X-men v1 #130 marvel comic book cover art by John Byrne
X-men #130
Marvel Team-Up #64

No comments:

Post a Comment