My Own Romance #55 - Alex Toth art

My Own Romance #55
My Own Romance v1 #55, 1957 - A talented young singer moves to New York, leaving behind her boyfriend and his small nightclub. Alex Toth's only work on the series is a stunner. Layouts and panels are delicately composed for maximum effect. His inks are more dominant than usual, but don't detract from the overall aesthetic. Note the deep shadows on the boyfriend's face (see interior page below) as he receives the disappointing news. Toth's mastery of character expression and emotion are showcased in this effort. Other artists in this golden age comic include Jay Scott Pike, Ann Brewster and Vince Colletta. This is 1 of 1 My Own Romance issues by Toth
- - - - - - - - - -
"Til We Meet Again" Toth story pencils and inks 5 pages = *****

Alex Toth
- - - - - - - - - -
Home / Toth / My Own Romance / Atlas
ebay  >this issue >Toth
My Own Romance #55 - Alex Toth art My Own Romance #55 - Alex Toth art Reviewed by Ted Ignacio @ Pencil Ink on 3:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.