My Greatest Adventure #17 - Jack Kirby art

My Greatest Adventure #17
My Greatest Adventure v1 #17, 1957 - A ham radio hobbyist uses his wealth to fund four expeditions, placing mysterious rods in the highest, lowest, hottest and coldest places on Earth. Jack Kirby's pencils are made more expressive by his own superb inking. Depth, drama and interest are maintained by careful divisions of light and shadow. With the exception of the googly-eyed portrait on page 3 panel 7, Kirby does an admirable job on this sci-fi tale. This story was later reprinted in House of Mystery #199. Other artists in this silver age comic include Ruben Moreira and Nick Cardy. This is 3 of 6 My Greatest Adventure issues by Kirby.
- - - - - - - - - -
"I Doomed the World" Kirby story pencils and inks 8 pages = ***

Jack Kirby
- - - - - - - - - -
Home / Kirby / My Greatest Adventure / DC
ebay  >this issue >Kirby
My Greatest Adventure #17 - Jack Kirby art My Greatest Adventure #17 - Jack Kirby art Reviewed by Ted Ignacio @ Pencil Ink on 1:00 AM Rating: 5

1 comment:

DanMan said...

Well executed lavish painterly detail on the cover

Powered by Blogger.