My Favorite Martian #1 - Russ Manning art & cover + 1st issue

Russ Manning
My Favorite Martian v1 #1, 1964 - Based on the 1960s show starring Ray Walston and Bill Bixby, this series was one of many tv-based comics published by Gold Key. Although better known for Tarzan and Magnus Robot Fighter, Russ Manning did more than his share of both television and movie comics. This first issue showcases some of the artist's lighter, comedic work while maintaining his precise draftsmanship. Thankfully, he does this without losing warmth and approachability. Manning rarely drew covers, but here he contributes a small inset on the lower right side. I first assumed this was a reprinted interior panel, but it appears to be a custom illustration (and a pleasant surprise). This is 1 of 1 My Favorite Martian issues by Manning. /// key 1st issue 
- - - - - - - - - -
Manning partial cover pencils and inks = ***
Manning story pencils and inks 32 pages = ***

My Favorite Martian v1 #1 dell tv silver age 1960s comic book page art by Russ Manning
- - - - - - - - - -
Home / Manning / My Favorite Martian / Gold Key
ebay  >this issue >Manning
My Favorite Martian #1 - Russ Manning art & cover + 1st issue My Favorite Martian #1 - Russ Manning art & cover + 1st issue Reviewed by Ted F on 2:05 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.