Miscellany - Notes on Comic Book Investing



There's plenty of resources online regarding comic book investing, but Pencil Ink isn't one of them. While many of my posts feature expensive key issues (Iron Man #55, Conan #1, Green Lantern #76, House of Secrets #92 etc.), most issues featured are affordable and relatively easy to find. Comic book price guides assess a comic's value based on market supply and demand, but not necessarily the quality of the art and/or writing.

That said, artists such as Neal AdamsMatt BakerCarl Barks and Frank Frazetta may command high prices for their books, while others like Don NewtonAlex Nino and Marshall Rogers are cheap by comparison. Also note that, for the most part, my most highly rated issues (from **** to ***** stars) are often relatively inexpensive.

After decades of collecting comics, I've found some duds and some jewels by every artist on this blog. Most of the issues I've posted will probably increase in value, just due to their age alone. My advice is buy what you love. Hopefully, this blog can save you some of the headaches I've endured in building my collection.

- T.I.

- - - - - - - - - -
Home / Miscellany
Miscellany - Notes on Comic Book Investing Miscellany - Notes on Comic Book Investing Reviewed by Ted Ignacio @ Pencil Ink on 2:24 PM Rating: 5

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for having such an interesting and informative blog. It has definitely helped me discover some issue I may have passed on, and has inspired me to dig other books out of my collection to read again. Keep up the good work!

Powered by Blogger.